Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back on LinkedIn

Because when the person interviewing you says you should be on LinkedIn, you get on LinkedIn.

I filled in all of the fields I saw, and clicked Create Profile.

Ruh-Roh. I need to select and industry.

This is my biggest LinkedIn dread. If I pick an industry I want, my work history doesn't reflect it. In the past, I picked the industry I worked in, an industry I was trying to escape. I kept getting job offers for that industry. What to choose?

Entertainment? I'm still quite fascinated with the industry

Events Services? Working with an Event Coordinator, running around day of, seems right up my alley

Design? I do like pretty things

Media Production? Oooo, I'd like to help with that!

Performing Arts? Someday I'll get back to community theatre

And the winner is. . .

Writing and Editing. Because even without a job, I still write. It's a constant, regardless of the industry I work in.


This new LinkedIn profile is not a perfect picture. But it is the modern resume. This late adopter has to get with the times.

No comments: