Friday, February 15, 2013

The M.A.C. Consultation


Several weeks ago, I went to the M.A.C. store to get the real lowdown on the Nude Lip. It was something I wanted to try, but I had trouble finding the right shade that would work on me. Turns out what I had gotten from Target two days earlier is very similar to what was tested and purchased from M.A.C.

As she was ringing me up, the salesperson asked if I would be interested in coming back for an appointment with a make-up artist. Sure. With nude lips, the eyes are the focal point, so I figured I could learn how to make it all come together.

My appointment was today. As I approached the M.A.C. store, I heard loud music coming from the Center Stage of the mall. (Center Stage: where Santa & the Easter Bunny reside during their respective seasons.) I think the song was American Bandstand – or was it The Twist? No matter. The M.A.C. store had taken over. There were swing dancers and a kissing booth and make-up artists galore.





Uhhh…my consultation is in the store, right? Not in the midst of this loud hullabaloo? Away from all these people?

Wrong.

Because I had an appointment, I was moved to the front of the line and given the next available slot. My eyes were applied; I saw each step as it was put on. She even did a Smoky Eye, which may be more trouble than it's worth. But it looks a'ight.


My eyes, my eyes! Er, My eyelids, my eyelids!


Of course I bought the shadow palette(Veronica).

And some blush (Betty). (It's so hard for me to find a blush for the natural look. Yes, I'm aware some of you consider natural looking make-up to be an oxymoron.)

I'll be rocking the new look on the opening night of Pleasanton Civic Arts' Pippi Longstocking, Friday, March 1, 7:30pm at the Firehouse Arts Center.

(That's right. Shameless plug. My opening night's March 2nd at 7:30pm. I'll also be onstage 3/3 (2pm), 3/8 (7:30pm) and 3/9 (2pm). Tickets are available at http://www.firehousearts.org/events/events-list.)

I might even try for a smoky eye.

No comments: