Monday, February 4, 2013

The Invisalign Chronicles 1: Crooked Teeth


Years of clenching had brought on the inevitable – my formerly straight teeth had nudged to a perceptible crooked line. Time for braces.

(Apparently, only the dentist and I can see how crooked my lower teeth had become. And before I started this adventure, I didn’t' notice my front teeth – the two big ones – were slightly out of alignment.)

Now, I don't have the full set of Invisalign, but some (hopefully cheaper) shorter version. Theoretically, my life will revert to normalcy around June. The down side – if it doesn't work, I would've spent $3,000+ on fancy orthodontics.

There were pictures taken. And molds – four? six? Lots of biting down "normally". Which I found difficult, because I don't know what my normal bite feels like. I know when I clench. But on a regular, no stress, comfortable temperature day? I haven't a clue.

Still, it must've been good enough because a month later, the first set of trays came in.

No comments: