Monday, February 4, 2013

The Invisalign Chronicles 3: Buttons


When they said buttons, I imagined small mercurial silver discs, the size of the nub on the smallest pocket of a pair of blue jeans.

Instead, they're more like tiny studs. And they're the color of my teeth. Giving logic to the name  Invisalign.

I took ibuprofren before the appointment – I had been warned I would be in a bit of pain when I put my next set of trays in. The dentist decreed I would wear my practice trays for another week (the number 1s) before switching to my number 2s. After two weeks, I'd switch to the 3s, another two weeks, the 4s, another two weeks, the 5s, then a check-in appointment.

There was a bit of challenge getting the trays on with the buttons on my teeth. And a greater challenge getting them off. Of course, when one is determined to eat, a way will be found.

No comments: