Monday, September 29, 2008

The Career Color Test

MSN.com had a story about using colors to identify career categories. The author had taken the assessment ~5 times and it was spot on each time.

I took it thrice. All three times, my best occupational category was "Creator". Advertising execs, architects, authors, artists, lawyers, librarians, etc. Impulsive, sensitive, emotional souls who enjoy working independently and like to work in places where they can "express, assemble, or implement creative ideas."

My second best occupational category was a mixed bag. The first time, it said I was a "Researcher". "Independent, self-motivated, reserved, introspective, analytical, curious." "…prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislike. . .selling, repetitive activities." I couldn't describe myself better.

The other two times, it claimed I was a "Persuader". "Witty, competitive, sociable, talkative, ambitious, argumentative, and aggressive"? These folks sell things. And take "financial and interpersonal risks". I don't think the fact that I talk to myself in public counts as being 'talkative'. And there's a reason that I haven't been on a date since 2002 and have boomeranged back to my mother's house for the second time and can't afford to leave.

So I think the color thingy was spot on the first time I took it. Though I must've had one too many chocolate covered espresso beans the next two times I tried.

No comments: