Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Boots

I'm allergic to the new boots I bought specifically for the rainy weather we've been having.

I've had them less than a week. No mention of the nature of the materials was on the box; nothing more descriptive than "faux leather or flannel upper with sweater knit cuff" appears on the store website.

But based on my reaction when I laced them up this morning,

Mild watery eyes, throat irritation, and itchy skin,

that "sweater knit cuff" is made of wool.

I've been uncomfortable all day.

When I tried them on at the store, I didn't feel anything. Well, I did, but that was after I'd checked the label on some caps that turned out to be wool. I didn't think it was the shoes.

I can't take them back (they're not from Nordstrom); and besides, I'm using the box to store my Christmas stuff. Marked it with a black sharpie and everything.

So into the Goodwill pile they go. And back to the drawing board for a pair boots for the winter rains.

<sigh>

No comments: