Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011


They're selling Christmas stuff on QVC. Kids are barely in school and they're selling Christmas stuff.

And don't tell me it's for the early birds. The early birds got their Christmas stuff last January at the Christmas close-out sales.

Have you no shame, QVC? Have you no shame?


Stores are crowded with kids and their parents trolling the aisles for the right pens. I like that local classrooms have their supply lists at the stores. I don't the difficulty in getting a parking space. Yes, I'm a suburbanite. I like ease in finding my parking spaces.


How did I not even think to look for Dishy David Tennant on Twitter?

Oh, never mind. I was pointed to news about David Tennant, not tweets (alleged or otherwise) from David Tennant. Ah Vel.


Not only is the Econ book selected for class the newest edition published, said edition is not available on Chegg (most reasonably priced textbook rental site) or Amazon (where books for sale are generally much cheaper). But lo and behold, the book is available for sale or rent on the university bookstore website.

Pretty sneaky, sis. At least they're no longer trying to hide the racket that is college textbook publishing and distribution.

So I go to rent the book, and there's an $8 rental fee. What? I'm picking the thing up in store, so there'd be no shipping, and they charge me an additional $8 on top of the $100 I'm paying?

RACK. IT.

No comments: