Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Avocado Smoothie



In a blender, blend,
1 ripe avocado
5 heaping tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
3 heaping tablespoons of sugar
12 ounces of soy milk

At least, that's what I think I did to produce the smoothie pictured. I tested and experimented and wrote down a recipe, which I promptly lost.

I've tried making the smoothie using silken tofu instead of yogurt. Drain, slice, cube, blend. Repeat the next day if you want another.

I didn't taste a difference between the tofu and the yogurt. I would tell you how much tofu I used, but I couldn't begin to fathom how to measure a sliced chunk.

I'm not inclined to regularly keep tofu or yogurt in the house. And avocado is itself a sort of creamy goodness; it really doesn't need any help.

So the current recipe is avocado, milk, and honey.

I'll have to see if there's a discernible difference between using dairy milk (which I had a craving for) and soy milk (which is what I normally drink). Right now, the 1% dairy works just fine.

It's the honey that's tricky. I'm trying to eat fewer simple carbs. But it seems to take more honey to get to the same sweetness as sugar.

Ah, well. The bad of too much sweet is balanced by the good of avocado right? Net: Zero.

No comments: