Monday, December 13, 2010

Random

Since I've gotten a smart phone, I've taken more pictures than I've ever taken thus far in my life.



If you've seen The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, you'll understand why I was incredibly brave to eat an entire bag of these:




Shagtastic!*
*available at Target Matching scarf sold seperately


In one of the older buildings on campus, the toilets have foot pedal flushes. Why didn’t' this catch on? It seems ingenious to me. And most of us use our feet to flush anyway. Granted, those foot pedals might also be the reason why one of the bathrooms always smells like mold...




Saw pairs of Vera Wang flip flops selling for $95 in a Nordstrom catalogue. They look like something you could buy at Payless Rite Aid CVS and bedazzle at home.





I broke my fork when washing it. Snapped it clean. I didn’t do anything different from what I'd done before when washing it.

It came with a set I got on sale, aimed at college students. One plate, one bowl, a knife, fork, and spoon. (apparently, college kids don’t have guests). The fork lasted at least 6 months, I think.



I'm sure it's been answered, but why are colds called colds? Nyquil commercials were brilliant, though (SneezingSnifflingStuffyHeadFever SoYouCanRest Medicine)



I tried on several pairs of skinny jeans the other day. I had to jump up and down to pull some of them on. A few could not make it past my rump. All left the dreaded gap which, for me, makes buying jeans and pants a pain.



Best advice I've received thus far: "Don't be so hard on yourself!"



They raised the fees 4.44% for Winter Quarter. And didn't publish the new fees on the secure website until at least Sat, 12/4. Then they sent email notices on Mon 12/6 about not paying fees.

Last year, I had been told that changes in fees would not affect those on financial aid. Apparently, that person didn't know what they were talking about. An extra $142 doesn’t' seem like much, but it makes the budgeting tighter.  And the steam rise faster from the top of my head.





Cute dog. But with that mentality, you'll end of on What Not to Wear or How Do I Look



Saw some of Addams Family Values and realized that David Krumholtz was the little boy Wednesday (Christina Ricci) meets at camp. I already knew that Peter MacNicol was the camp counselor…So David Krumholtz got to work with Peter MacNicol both as a kid and as an adult (in Numbers). Cool.



They keep growin' them like this, and soon we'll be carving 'em* for Halloween
*them would be oranges.  Not grapefruit.  Oranges.



Hey. I'm still a nerd, even if I can't do math in my head. Holla



If they sold these with Happy Meals instead of the crappy toys, would they bother banning toys in Happy Meals?

(The answer is yes - the issue is the unhealthfulness of the food.  But from what I've heard, kids don't want Happy Meals because of the toys.  They're addicted to the french fries like everyone else. Banning the toy probably doesn't do a thing in that regard.)




Really?




Dude, really?


No comments: