Monday, March 28, 2016

Chocolate Coconut Goodness



How did we get to this place of mushroom-top chocolate goodness with silky smooth creamy icing?

Well, I saw someone on TV make frosting out of coconut cream (set a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight (don't shake the can!), and the cream will rise to the top),

And I had leftover chocolate from when I last made a chocolate cheesecake (two chocolate vanilla swirl cheesecakes, to be precise),

So I tried to make chocolate cupcakes with coconut cream frosting.

I cribbed a chocolate cupcake recipe from the internet,

Chopping up my leftover baking chocolate (~ 4 squares) and adding it to the cupcake batter before putting it into the muffin tins. Which I overfilled (hence the mushroom tops). I haven't checked, but perhaps the recipe is for two dozen cupcakes instead of one,

Because after filling my muffin tin, I had enough left over to make a thin square of cake.

It came out super chocolaty. Makes you thirsty for a glass and a half of milk level of chocolateness.

The recipe for the coconut cream frosting is also from the internet.

My frosting never formed stiff peaks because I can't hold an active hand mixer for 15 minutes. And while the stuff firmed up a bit after I put it in the fridge, I think one needs a stand mixer to really make the recipe work.

All in all, not a total fail. Not what I was aiming for, but still very much edible, if not tasty.


No comments: