Friday, November 22, 2013

Thinkings and Such

A few things that have been on my mind. Or were on my mind when they first came about (i.e., Re #3).

Re: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland [SPOILER ALERT]
Alice's stepmom wanted her to meet Mr. Darcy's son. Mr. Darcy's. Son. Still giggling.


Re: KTVU Asiana Air gaffe
The more I think about the KTVU Asiana Air gaffe, the more I hear one of friends saying those pilots' names. Because we all have that uncle/cousin/grandpa/husband's friend who says such things.

I hear him say it, and, I'm not gonna lie to you Marge – it's funny. In a sigh and smile and shake your head kind of way. Because that's the type of person your uncle/cousin/grandpa/husband's friend is. And it's been said in private.

So for all my blustery upset-ness about it, the biggest problem was, upon reflection, that it was said in public. As if reading or saying the words didn't elicit the light chuckle, sigh, and shaking of the head. As if no one could discern it was a joke.


Re: Miley Cyrus
I saw her MTV VMA performance when it first aired. My initial reaction?
Wow. She's sexually vulgar. I am not surprised.

(Because she briefly worked a pole at a Kid's Choice Awards? performance several years ago. The devolution into overt sex-ness was already underway.)

Within the resultant hoopla, people were criticizing her dancing.
Wait, what? She was dancing?


Dear Google Maps App,
Los Angeles is a world-renowned city. Your map lady should know how to pronounce La Cienaga.
Sincerely,


People talk about the JFK assassination the way I'll likely talk about 9/11 on its 50th anniversary. Such a searing of the national consciousness.

No comments: