Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Good Birthday


Thank you, Everyone, for your wonderful birthday wishes. Hugs and warm fuzzies back atcha!

It's not a milestone birthday by most standards. But, since I've also finished school, it might be considered a milestone of sorts. At 38, I'll be entering a new phase in my life.

It's been good birthday. I was more alert than usual when I woke up. Despite getting a late start on my morning routine, I got to work on time.

I had sushi for lunch.

I ate the last piece of cake the previous day's department birthday celebration. A nice, dense cake with strawberries in the filling. I didn't like the filling, but maybe it can be done with whipped cream instead of the super sweet stuff I scraped off.

I found gluten free cookies to bring to rehearsal. (One of the actors has celiac disease, and I wanted to make sure they could have some sweets too.) One cookie and several large fragments were all I brought home of that.

My sis and I had a conversation about the TV show Once Upon a Time.

There was a card, a box of Rice Krispy Treats, and a carton of mini Cadbury eggs on my desk when I arrived at work in the morning.

The front of the card: "Your life is filled with wondrous possibility."

I was not the only birthday at rehearsal. My stage son was also born today (Happy Birthday, "Murray"!). His mom made homemade fudge. (I'm in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Yes, I'll wait while you look up some of the characters. Funny, eh?)

Video wishes from adorable tykes.

I noticed my sole gray hair (which I've had for a while) acting like a piece of lint after I declared on twitter that I don't look a day over 25. Well done, gray hair. Pop that ego before it balloons to big.

As Ice Cube said, "Today was a Good Day".

No comments: