Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School Expenses

I got an email from the CSU bookstore indicating that my parking permit has been shipped. I guess they had a change of heart and decided not to charge tax. However, it still costs $10 to ship a laminated piece of paper meant to hang from my rear view mirror.

I read in the paper this morning that there is a lawsuit against the school for the 20% increase that was instituted last month (this on top of the 10% that was instituted in May). Also at issue is the $140 per unit that some graduate students (i.e., me) would have to pay in addition to the fees.

I asked the school why it shows 'no charges' when I look online. Turns out that they haven't determined them yet, but I should be able to see what I owe next week. I'm not quite sure what they're waiting for (do these types of lawsuits really resolve themselves so quickly?) but I don't mind. So long as I can pay before the September deadline is alright with me. It's not like I'm eager to be that much poorer.

No comments: